Take a philodendron tour.
Take a who we are tour by HiBall Energy.
With our state of the art packaging we can ensure that your new plant arrives in style. Before leaving, all plants are inspected, watered and pruned if necessary. Your new plant is bagged to keep the soil moist and to ensure that the soil stays in the pot not loose in the box. Then your plants are tissue, kraft paper wrapped or bagged and secured in place with natural biodegradable peanuts, you will be pleased.
We offer Monstera Deliciosa Albo Variegata in 3 stages of variegation.
- Mildly variegated, ideal for higher light areas where only a splash of variegation is desired. This type is faster growing than the other two, rarely suffers leaf burn and often produces rich, split solid green leaves along with random variegation.
- Normal Albo variegation with most leaves having some form of variegation, however solid green leaves may appear occasionally. This type is best suited for areas with 50-70% shade or indoors away from full sunlight. Too much light can burn the white of the leaves.
- Heavily variegated, often white, not for the novice collector. These plants often sport the sought after tri or quad-coloration with lots of white. You may need to be a Monstera Genius to grow this one. They grow best in 80-90% shade and require good time release organic fertilizer to get maximum growth with minimum leaf burn, truly a stunning plant.
- A green stem generally will produce solid green leaves.
- A stem with a mild pinstripe can often produce a mildly variegated leaf best for medium light areas where the leaves seldom burn.
- A 50/50 stem can produce a few green, white, or a mix of variegation.
- A partially marbled stem, will generally produce a well mottled variegation of various colors.
With this in mind, creating solid green or highly variegated plants is a little tricky but not impossible. What we do is follow the white stripe up the stem until it passes under the base of a leaf, at this point there is a good chance the dormant bud at the leafs base will emerge with a high degree of white, which should also produce a more variegated plant than the mother. So, cut the stem two inches above the leaf and see if you succeed. It often takes only a couple months for the new vine and roots to emerge and you can immediately validate your success and tell if its a win or not by the color of the new stem.
This particular variety has had a very successful, 22 year history with us seldom producing an all green leaf. Cuttings have produced high quality, stable, swirled, marbled, 50/50, and pure white plants. We now have several mothers with varying degrees of variegation
All plants for sale will vary in size, color, and leaf pattern. In the spring, plants are often smaller than plants shipped in the fall. Plants designated with a sku ending in -4, -6 or -8 will arrive in a standard 4 inch, 6 inch or 8 inch round growers pot respectively. Our new, reusable, recyclable deep pots are 7 inches deep and 2×2 inches in width. Products growing in these pots are easy to transplant and allow for deeper roots and faster growth, they are designated with a sku ending in -7. (Note: The item sku number can be found just below the buy button.) The color and style of these pots may vary. If we are out of a particular size item, we may ship a larger size at no additional charge. You can see the various pot sizes and actual plants ready to ship below.
Here at the nursery, plants are grown under 40-80% shade cloth. If you plant directly in full sun you may experience leaf burn. It is best to acclimate this plant to its environment by keeping it outside and slowly moving it into a sunny area over a week or so to avoid stress though most vining tropicals do require at least partial shade. Please note: Plants growing here in our conservatory are grown in a natural, humid, rainforest-like environment with little to no pesticides. Though it seldom occurs, leaves may have spotting, folds, or even a bite mark or two. This is only natural.